Tuesday 23 August 2011

Behind The Scenes...

The following are exclusive shots taken behind the scenes of my Victorian Era inspired photoshoot. The location was at Freemason's Hall, which was absolutely amazing! The pillars, marbled floor and stair-well was to die for and created the perfect old century atmosphere. The foyer was quite dull in light which gave a cold eery feeling, luckily Jesse Mullins was on the scene with lights, lights and yes more lights ( and not to forget his massive reflective umbrella)!!! We experimented with colour by using blue gels over the lights, we also did one in yellow but in the end didn't up needing it. My shot oozed a gothic nature but with a subtle almost haunting warmth.

I had such a wonderful day and also achieved and learned alot! I have to thank my amazing crew who consisted of; the beautiful Alex Dawson who modelled my dress, she was so elegant and really capitvated the classical look I was going for in her amazing poses and general posture. The forever talented Jesse Mullins, my photographer, he was so extremely active on ideas! We had a glorious time bouncing off ways to best show garment with light, texture and positioning. Remarkable Jing Jing Hang did the most creative job with the hairstyling, creating a look from a picture I had chosen and just bringing it to life right infront of my eyes. I love how she continuously updated me when she was practicing on mannequins and real people to get it exactly right. Her creativity and accuracy astounds me! Who could ever forget darling Renee Burns, the make-up artist!!! So extremely proud of how Alex looked, STUNNING AS!! I am lost for words the make-up is exactly how I envisaged it, gorgeous smokey eyes, nude lips and amazing sculpturing. P.S Renee, your fanning skills A+.Thank-you guys had so much fun with you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment